The collection, use, storage, disclosure, and correction of personal information by CCF are governed by the Privacy Act 1993. It is CCF’s intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in New Zealand.
CCF collects, stores, uses, and discloses personal information about individuals in several circumstances as set out below.
2.Collection of personal information
CCF may collect personal information from you through the use of online forms, email, online surveys and feedback when you use this website, including when you use this website to update personal information we hold about you.
Personal information we may collect includes:
- your name, gender, date of birth, email address, phone number, postal address and password;
- financial information such as your bank account number;
- information about your preferences including your transaction history, and marketing preferences; and
- professional information such as information about the personnel of your business or information contained in your professional profile.
You may decide not to provide your personal information to us. However, if you do not provide it, we may not be able to provide you with access to certain information or services.
We may also collect personal information from third parties such as:
- credit reporting agencies; and
- Government agencies and other agencies with databases of personal information.
3.Use of personal information
- provide you with services and any information on, and assistance with, the services provided;
- fulfil our obligations under any contracts entered into between you and us;
- provide you with information (including promotional material, updates on products and services, and new investment opportunities) where you agree to receive such information;
- to verify your personal information, including for the purposes of customer due diligence under the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act 2009;
- where necessary to comply with our obligations at law;
- improve or update this website and our information and services;
- communicate with you including responding to queries, complaints or requests that you may have made; and
- analyse usage of this website and the associated services.
We may also use your personal information for other purposes where we have given you notification of the intended use and you have not objected to that use.
4.Disclosure of personal information
CCF will not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to third parties except in accordance with this policy. Your personal information may be made available internally and to our agents or contractors for the purposes listed in section 3 above. We will only disclose personal information that you have provided to us, or which we have obtained about you:
- for the above-mentioned purposes;
- to another company within our group;
- if you have authorised us to do so, including (without limitation) to companies you subscribe for shares in using our services;
- to verify your personal information against third party databases, including databases operated by Government agencies;
- to carry out credit checks, including by disclosing to, and receiving from, credit reporting agencies various credit information;
- if we believe that the disclosure is reasonably necessary or desirable to assist a law enforcement agency or other government agency (including the Financial Markets Authority) in performing its functions;
- if we believe that the disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce any legal rights we may have, or is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of us, our customers, or others; or
- if we are required or permitted by law to disclose such information.
5.Storage and Security
Personal information collected on this website is collected and stored by CCF and may also be collected and stored by businesses that support our services. It is possible that those businesses may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand. CCF will use reasonable endeavours to keep secure your personal information from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alternation, or destruction.
We review and update our security measures in light of current technologies and CCF’s employees and outsourced service providers are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, you agree not to hold us responsible for unauthorised access to or use of your personal information.
When personal information is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected it may be deleted. We will only hold your personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfil those purposes and to comply with our obligations at law, and only for as long as we are lawfully entitled to do so.
6.Right to Access and Correct
We endeavour to keep personal information secure and up to date. You may request access to, or correction of, any personal information we hold about you by emailing our privacy officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current, please notify us of any changes to such personal information as soon as possible.
When you visit this website, we may use automated tools and methods (such as cookies) to collect certain information about your visit, including (without limitation):
- the Internet protocol address and domain name used by your computer to connect to the Internet;
- the operating system and the browser your computer uses, and any search engine or inbound hyperlink used to reach this website;
- the date, time, and duration of your visit;
- the previous website visited; and
- the pages viewed by you and documents downloaded.
CCF may gather and disclose more extensive information if we are concerned, for example, about abnormal usage patterns or website security breaches.
If you post your personal information on our website’s Q&A facility, you acknowledge and agree that the information you post is publicly available.
CCF uses Google Analytics which is a web analytics tool that helps website owners understand how visitors engage with their website. Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track visitor interactions as in our case, where they are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. We then use the information to compile reports and to help us improve our website. Google Analytics collects information anonymously. It reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our website – for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit this Google page.
8.Third party websites